The ‘Big Data’ Bandwagon is now in full flow and IT professionals are already being swamped with marketing explaining why they cannot afford to leave information unmined. Once again, we are being bombarded with terms and messages that are ambiguous at best, meaningless at worst and simply confusing most of the time. So in true …
I get seriously concerned about the true employment status of people who fill these things in, you'd think they'd have better things to do no?
Big data is interesting, but most of our data is small, like just 1s and 0s.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?