The National Museum of Computing has appointed its first director just after celebrating its fifth birthday. Dr David Hartley has been named director of the institute, which is based at Bletchley Park and home to the rebuilt Colossus - the machine that decrypted German military messages during the Second World War and is the …
As soon as my boys are old enough I will be boring them to pieces at Bletchley. Of course, I will be in geek heaven.
Twas brilliant then. by Me.
Tis but rust and dust now, in the wind and rain,
Tomorrow, we shall do bettera again,
In the hopes that it too shall remain,
Only to hear the oft cried refrain,
Tis but rust and dust now, in the wind and rain.
It's quite unsettling going to a museum where most of the exhibits elicit memories of youth or work - prompting the unwelcome thought: maybe I belong in a museum?
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA lady: They eat less