Dixons Retail says a "busy summer of events" helped maintain momentum in its UK and Irish operations as sales climbed 7 per cent, but it's not yet ready to crack open the bubbly. Revenue growth at group level for fiscal Q1 ended 21 July was less marked: up 5 per cent, as a 13 per cent climb in northern Europe and the sales rise …
People still shop at Dixons?
Surely it should be DIXmania? Or is that domain name taken?
All those 64GB Playbooks...
...flying out the door.
Just a shame it was was for a quarter of their original price.
Umm, last two trips to PC World outlined,
1) Needed 8 port ethernet switch for client. They had about 12 foot of empty shelf in the appriorite isle and the only switches they had were 16 port netgear @ £129. So wandered down to the old 'Tandy's/Model plus branch' and they had an 8 port for £19.00. Yeh! (a turn up for the books that a 'Tandy's/Model plus' actually has something you want.)
2) Next trip, same branch, accosted by pipe smoking yellow safety vest wearing car park attendant. Apparently I couldn't go to the bank to get cash then come back and get the overly expensive 1TB drive. I was required to go into the store, come out, then go to the bank, and come back then buy from the store. I passed on the suggestion, informed the parking bod, (who couldn't care less - as you'd expect), went home and ordered it next day delivery from amazon for less.
PC World is for stupid people. They have to have a different kind of shop and that's pretty much the end of it. Stupid people have their own kinds of food(all from Iceland), their own kinds of TV (Dancing on Ice), their own music (Beyoncé), their own kind of cars (Peugeot's) their own kind of clothes (tracksuits) and so on. If they want a computer, where do they go... PC World. The annoying bit is that they tempt in techies with their long opening hours and handy locations... when you get there you find a desolate wasteland with one or two really highly priced obsolete products which have already been returned faulty once.
"Gross margins were pretty much flat.
The firm has been through a series of restructures under previous boss John Browett including redundancies, store closures and reformatting and a revamp of customer services."
And Apple gave him a job?
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars