Not content with a virtual monopoly on broadcast, UK giant Arqiva has bought Connect TV, the outfit that has been slipping IPTV channels into the Freeview Electronic Programme Guide for the last year. Neither company will say how much the UK broadcasting services firm paid for Connect TV, but reps from the company did admit to a …
Arqiva handle the tramsission system, they DO NOT produce or manage content. If you want a fragmented transmission network go to Australia, their programme guide is all voer the place.
As for an internet connection that "handles megabytes" that should be "megabits per second".
Not the standard I expect from El Reg.
I try watching this occasionally, but over a 3Mbs ADSL link the service is patchy at best. Buffering / stuttering every 30s. Shame really, as I quite like CCTV4.
Hopefully there will be an injection of tech / cash to improve streaming.
"a few megabytes"
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes