Not content with a virtual monopoly on broadcast, UK giant Arqiva has bought Connect TV, the outfit that has been slipping IPTV channels into the Freeview Electronic Programme Guide for the last year. Neither company will say how much the UK broadcasting services firm paid for Connect TV, but reps from the company did admit to a …
Arqiva handle the tramsission system, they DO NOT produce or manage content. If you want a fragmented transmission network go to Australia, their programme guide is all voer the place.
As for an internet connection that "handles megabytes" that should be "megabits per second".
Not the standard I expect from El Reg.
I try watching this occasionally, but over a 3Mbs ADSL link the service is patchy at best. Buffering / stuttering every 30s. Shame really, as I quite like CCTV4.
Hopefully there will be an injection of tech / cash to improve streaming.
"a few megabytes"
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?