Feeds

back to article Acer to launch Windows Phone 8 smartphone in 2013

Acer has confirmed to The Reg that it plans to launch six new handsets next year including a Windows Phone 8 device. Company president Jim Wong told Taiwanese tech title Digitimes that the six new models would be aimed to appeal to all segments of the market in Europe, south-east Asia and China. The handsets will be Android- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Optimistic

So they expect around 12% of the handset market will be win8. I like their optimism.

FAIL

Pretty lame... x86 or bust

Silver badge

The handsets will be Android-based, with the exception of the one Windows Phone 8 model

Apple's anti-Android FUD hasn't got through to Acer yet.

On a separate note, I'm glad to see Acer is offering a solitary WinPho8 in its line-up. At least it gives consumers choice - something Apple is not too happy about.

FAIL

Well I hope Acer improve their UK customer support before embarking on this adventure. Currently it's pathetic ..... premium rate number to be connected to someone in India who doesn't understand a thing.

Windows 8

Elop has bet Nokia on windows... abandoning the linux phone in the summer. Looks like he would have done better to have let the team churn out an android...

This topic is closed for new posts.