Acer has confirmed to The Reg that it plans to launch six new handsets next year including a Windows Phone 8 device. Company president Jim Wong told Taiwanese tech title Digitimes that the six new models would be aimed to appeal to all segments of the market in Europe, south-east Asia and China. The handsets will be Android- …
So they expect around 12% of the handset market will be win8. I like their optimism.
Pretty lame... x86 or bust
The handsets will be Android-based, with the exception of the one Windows Phone 8 model
Apple's anti-Android FUD hasn't got through to Acer yet.
On a separate note, I'm glad to see Acer is offering a solitary WinPho8 in its line-up. At least it gives consumers choice - something Apple is not too happy about.
Well I hope Acer improve their UK customer support before embarking on this adventure. Currently it's pathetic ..... premium rate number to be connected to someone in India who doesn't understand a thing.
Elop has bet Nokia on windows... abandoning the linux phone in the summer. Looks like he would have done better to have let the team churn out an android...
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize