back to article Hertfordshire plod passwords leaked by pro-Assange data burglar

A UK police website has been hacked, exposing usernames, unencrypted passwords and other sensitive login details for more than 90 serving officers. The miscreant who raided the Hertfordshire force's database also lifted and leaked workplace phone numbers, email addresses, warrant numbers and PINs of the county's Safer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Do these people "supporting" Assange even understand that they are doing far more harm then good? They might be getting kudos from the people already in favour of them, but they're pushing away moderates who were leaning towards supporting them by acting like anarchist morons with no sense of responsibility.

Hell just look at organisations like PETA, their extreme views and actions push away people who are otherwise sympathetic to the cause.

Black Helicopters

Why protest the UK?

Can someone give me a plausible reason for everyone being angry at the UK? As far as I can tell from the reports in the newspaper, you gave him months of time to avoid extradition. Why aren't these people angry at Sweden rather than the UK?

As for the US extraditing him from Sweden, why not from the UK instead if they really want him? As far as I know, they haven't even asked.

Anonymous Coward

Ya wooda thunk

You would have thought that if the hacker was good enough to get into the web site, he would have been good enough to transfer the cops surrounding the Ecuadoran embassy transferred to somewhere else, like the Outer Hebrides... :-)

Anonymous Coward

I think someone's gonna be learning security systems from the inside. Of a prison.

Silver badge
Happy

Lol !!!

'Safer Neighbourhood Team'

WTF's this got to do with Assange?

Dodgy plods who advise on 'safety and security' leaving the kitchen window open.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums