Business process outsourcing group Capita, daddy to Capita IT Services, has slurped business travel booking agent Expotel Group for £16m. Capita grabbed Expotel, which handles UK hotel, business travel and conference booking, to snap onto its existing business travel operations and provide events management as well. Expotel …
"operating profit of £32m on turnover of £16.3m"
Now that is impressive!
"both bespoke, niche solutions and a unique end-to-end travel proposition to its current and future clients"
And if it's anything like the "travel solutions" [Agent X] used to force on the employees of the global corporate where I used to work, the company will be paying way above the going open market rate, but Purchasing will insist you use [Agent X] because if you don't use [Agent X] Purchasing don't get their end of year kickbacks of one form or another.
Net benefit overall to the employee and employer: zero or negative.
Net benefit to the "travel solutions" provider, and Purchasing: that'll do nicely, thank you.
operating profit of £32m on turnover of £16.3m
@ Titus - That's what I was thinking.
for asset stripping and leaving the business to bleed to death.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait