Toshiba has demonstrated a 1TB hybrid disk drive at the Flash Memory summit; that's 250GB bigger than Seagate's Momentus XT. The 2.5-inch XT drive is Seagate's third generation hybrid drive and features a 2-platter, 7,200rpm disk drive fitted with either a 4GB fast SLC flash cache in the 500GB product or an 8GB SLC NAND cache in …
how fast do you want...
" It's bandwidth is just 80GB/sec, seemingly unimpressive."
80GB/sec is VERY impressive to me...
I want a hybrid drive that reads as 2 drives: a proper sized SSD for booting and a spinny drive for storage and programs, both crammed into one 2.5" package.
I want to decide what goes where, I don't trust the drive to do it.
load of old tosh
but like every other piece of junk with their name on it,it will be.
a) total crap that does'nt work as advertised.
b)as with most tosh shite,it will fail in use and then you have the fun of dealing with toshibas idea of customer and tech support,which is just to ignore complaints,warrentys or the law of land involved.
toshiba,punting tosh to those who know no better.
should be forced to rename to shitiba.
would never,ever buy,sell or recommend tosh crap to anyone,not even my worst enemy,the quicker shitiba go bust the better.
Re: load of old tosh
You must be using one of their keyboards to write that? I see what you mean!
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)