Toshiba has demonstrated a 1TB hybrid disk drive at the Flash Memory summit; that's 250GB bigger than Seagate's Momentus XT. The 2.5-inch XT drive is Seagate's third generation hybrid drive and features a 2-platter, 7,200rpm disk drive fitted with either a 4GB fast SLC flash cache in the 500GB product or an 8GB SLC NAND cache in …
how fast do you want...
" It's bandwidth is just 80GB/sec, seemingly unimpressive."
80GB/sec is VERY impressive to me...
I want a hybrid drive that reads as 2 drives: a proper sized SSD for booting and a spinny drive for storage and programs, both crammed into one 2.5" package.
I want to decide what goes where, I don't trust the drive to do it.
load of old tosh
but like every other piece of junk with their name on it,it will be.
a) total crap that does'nt work as advertised.
b)as with most tosh shite,it will fail in use and then you have the fun of dealing with toshibas idea of customer and tech support,which is just to ignore complaints,warrentys or the law of land involved.
toshiba,punting tosh to those who know no better.
should be forced to rename to shitiba.
would never,ever buy,sell or recommend tosh crap to anyone,not even my worst enemy,the quicker shitiba go bust the better.
Re: load of old tosh
You must be using one of their keyboards to write that? I see what you mean!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide