A group of ANU researchers says it’s taken a step towards usable quantum communications with a setup that creates eight entangled modes from a single beam, doubling the world’s previous record. The “easiest” (since entanglement isn’t so easy to create) way to create entanglement – and therefore lay the basis for quantum …
Achievement for Australia National University Science
Down under researchers at ANUS have produced an amazing entangled specimen of light beams. Looking at the full article leaves me with some concern about the stability of the entanglement but we can all hope that further work will bring improvement.
Where the sun doesn't shine...
I congratulate the boffins at ANUS for shining light in an area that previously lacked illumination.
Work with great potential -
thanks for the heads-up, Richard !...
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market