The days of “black letter law” regulation are numbered, according to ACMA chairman and CEO Chris Chapman, with technology changing and converging faster than legislation can keep up. Delivering the ACS / Telecommunications Society Charles Todd Oration yesterday, Chapman said the fast-moving telecommunications environment demands …
>in particular, “that regulation will be free from any government and political interference”.
Public servant calls for independence from oversight by publics representatives - the irresponsible government model. Look how well that worked for the central banks of US and Europe.
Yes I know the elected representatives are mostly morons but they are our morons and they are all we have against the arrogant, belligerent, self serving fiefdom which is the public sector.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix