Outsourcing behemoth Serco missed its targets for the first half of this year as "challenging" US conditions weighed down revenue. The IT company, which runs prison services in Britain and air traffic centres around the world, was still hoping in May to achieve six per cent growth in sales year-on-year for the first half of 2012 …
Not bad for a company that effectively was created when a contract came up for renewal at RAF Fylingdales.
Money for Nothing
...and for a company who as far as I can see exists solely by underbidding for any contract it can (often with no experience or knowledge of the business) and then relying on the TUPE'd expertise of those already doing the job, but gradually paying them less and providing them with worse working conditions.
Re: Money for Nothing
That's competition for you...
... or for a company that has the contract to feed the fish in the pond (amongst other things) at the local hospital pfi. The fact that someone would have done that job for the cost of the food, yet Serco can make a profit out of it, must say something about the company and the contracts it manages to get. Or perhaps even more about those awarding the contracts ...
Worked for them
& never again treat staff like sh*t & get shot of anyone who questions what they are up to.And the stuff the hide phewwww (yes Serco media in Hook i know you'll be reading this)
- JLaw, Upton caught in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe