Rackspace’s arrival in Australia last week – complete with a swipe at local player Macquarie Telecom – has brought a response back from MacTel. Rackspace announced that it will take a hall in a Digital Realty facility in the Sydney suburb of Erskine Park. As noted by The Register at the time of launch, Rackespace’s decision was …
"...Rackspace which says it won’t transfer data to America without permission “unless required to by Australian law”.
Or unless it's threatened by being beaten lightly with a feather by one of the alphabet-soup collections of US 'security' agencies.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action