Rackspace’s arrival in Australia last week – complete with a swipe at local player Macquarie Telecom – has brought a response back from MacTel. Rackspace announced that it will take a hall in a Digital Realty facility in the Sydney suburb of Erskine Park. As noted by The Register at the time of launch, Rackespace’s decision was …
"...Rackspace which says it won’t transfer data to America without permission “unless required to by Australian law”.
Or unless it's threatened by being beaten lightly with a feather by one of the alphabet-soup collections of US 'security' agencies.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…
- Lollipop unwrapped: Chromium WebView will update via Google Play