The US Air Force doesn't let a single operator of a missile site launch a nuke all by his or her lonesome, and HyTrust, a maker of policy management and access control software for VMware virtual infrastructure, thinks IT shops should adopt the secondary approval rule for a lot of things that go on inside of the ESXi hypervisor …
HyTrust is a decent product but only covers a small piece of the virtual security puzzle for the price. Especially if you care about compliance. You also need stuff like firewalling from VMware vShield, Juniper or Checkpoint and maybe Catbird vSecurity to keep configuration and reporting simple.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...