The US Air Force doesn't let a single operator of a missile site launch a nuke all by his or her lonesome, and HyTrust, a maker of policy management and access control software for VMware virtual infrastructure, thinks IT shops should adopt the secondary approval rule for a lot of things that go on inside of the ESXi hypervisor …
HyTrust is a decent product but only covers a small piece of the virtual security puzzle for the price. Especially if you care about compliance. You also need stuff like firewalling from VMware vShield, Juniper or Checkpoint and maybe Catbird vSecurity to keep configuration and reporting simple.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!