Feeds

back to article Everything Everywhere to be Nothing Nowhere in rebrand

Everything Everywhere will change its identity before the end of 2012 - but will NOT merge its Orange and T-Mobile brands, which will continue to confuse punters indefinitely. Orange and T-Mobile are, and will remain, consumer brands for Everything Everywhere, the UK's largest mobile operator. EE will announce a new moniker in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Anonymous Coward

Four

Because fuck you, Three

Thumb Up

Re: Four

Perhaps then O4 to raise their middle fingers at O2 too...

Silver badge

vOda4One

Gets one over on all the competition!

FAIL

well if you dont like three,f..k off over to someone else to be ripped of by,probably for twice as much for a service that wont be twice as good,nobody holding shotgun to yer head.

there are things i hate about three,but then i dont expect rolls royce build when paying ford prices,if your one of the lucky ones who actualy get a decent signal on three,then yer getting a great deal,if like me you get a shite signal on three then its not such a great deal,but why would i pay orange etc 4 times as much just to get the same crap service as three,have tried all the networks in my bit of watford multiple times over and over again,their all crap,its just others charge much more for same crap service.

due to geography,i wont get decent signal from anyone until a new tower is put up in a different position,its one of the problems with having a ground floor flat that is built into a hill side,if we could talk three into fitting local femtocell i would get great signal,but as the problem is very localised and only affects about 300 properties,its just not worth it for economic reasons.yes,its bloody annoying,but nobody comes round my flat with a baseball bat and forces me to give three £15 a month.

as stated above,if you dont like three,piss off else where,or are you one of the whiners who can shift 30gb+ a month but dont like threes crud customer service,try orange,i had to threaten to blow down their tower to get them to stop billing my bank,4 months after having been through their cut off dept,that would have netted them £240 quid and i was'nt even able to use phone,i had them lock it as stolen,and phone number had been killed and put back into their system for several years and sim itself had been returned as well.

when you find a provider that gives you everything you want,at a price you think is fair,let the rest of us know,there are a few others as well as myself who would move over rapidly.

Anonymous Coward

I'd settle on somebody that doesn't spy on my every move online as well as double traffic to the websites I visit thanks to their stalking. Both Vodafone and 3 and their US friend Bluecoat seem to enjoy getting involved in this side of things...

G_C
WTF?

teleaf100

I think you've completely missed the point of this whole thread with that rant and made yourself look a bit silly...

Just saying...

Something Somewhere Somehow?

I know it's not the shortest or snappiest, but it describes what I think of them.

Happy

A good start though..........

Maybe shorten it it S3?

Something Somewhere Somehow?

...Someone's gonna pay!

Oh wait that was the tagline for Commando. Send in Arnie.

Anonymous Coward

With a strat line...

S3

"Never knowingly provided Customer Service"

WTF?

Re: A good start though..........

It won't work... an S3 is a shit, shower and shave... then again!

This post has been deleted by its author

Bronze badge

No. Please. Don't.

O <sub>2</sub> is bad enough, without people trying to subvert numerical powers to make their brand sound cool.

If that was the case, I think we should vote:

e-Mobilitative Inter-Facilities Solutions mc^2 Inc. Ltd. PLC. GmbH.

Anonymous Coward

How about 'compu-global-hyper-mega-net'? (with apologies to the script writers of the Simpsons)

Anonymous Coward

Empty Promise

The article states that Everything Everywhere is essentially an empty promise so I would like to suggest that as its new moniker.

Silver badge
Paris Hilton

GPO 2.0

Bronze badge
Joke

Orange-T

Doesn't sound that snappy, but you could paint Mr T orange and use him as your spokesperson.

Which would provide immediate brand recognition in the over 30s!

Silver badge

Re: Orange-T

And when you buy a phone you get a free box of orange flavoured tea..

Silver badge
Joke

and give out orange tee shirts!

They may even have some left over...

Torange.

Meh

For the northern markets, especially Yorkshire, it could create a portemanteau of it's 2 brands : t'orange.

g e
Silver badge

But surely...

'EE By Gum' for the northists

Wouldnt work

A: What network tha on?

B: t'orange.

A: Am on't t-mobahhhl me, ats oreet, a dunt get signal on t'orange near are 'ouse

B: t'orange is t-mobahhhhl an t'orange but all bunched up like

A: wo tha onnabout now?

B: forgerrit, lets goo and gerra pint o'ruff dahhn woolpack eh

Bronze badge

Something Somewhere (But Not Here)

Happy

I salute you!

For managing to get a Porcupine Tree reference into a telecoms story!

"Mr Blobby mobile"

Well he is good colour match for the two networks.

Silver badge

Sirius Cybernetics Corp

Or is that already taken?

Bronze badge

Torange. simple

Bronze badge

or you could drop the "n" and move the "e"

Toe rag

Tangerine?

TRT
Silver badge

Lemon?

I know - Banana! Banana-phone!

I've even thought of a jingle for the ads.

Poor service

Because that's what they currently offer.

Silver badge

4-G-R-US

or

LTE Me Up Scotty

Silver badge

Skynet......

Anonymous Coward

How about "The Goodies -- anything, anywhere, anytime"

Nothing Everywhere

Bronze badge

Nothing Everywhere ! Genius.

Anything up to five bloody mobile phone shops per high street replacing former useful stores. What do they offer ? Essentially identical phones and tariffs sufficiently mixed up to make choosing a pain in the ass.

Everywhere and nothing indeed.

Facepalm

N.A.B.A.V

"Not As Bad As Virgin"

Colin

FAIL

EE is the same network as Virgin!

Amazing how so many people don't get this.

Anonymous Coward

Re: EE is the same network as Virgin!

"Virgin Mobile does not maintain its own network, and instead has contracts to use the existing network of Everything Everywhere. "

Thumb Up

I knew Virgin sublet their network I just didn't realise it was from EE. Thanks for the clarification.

Colin

Anonymous Coward

No surprise. lots of Virgin are based on some other company doing half the work on the quiet and the beardie smiler contributing the brand

Virgin Trains (real name "West Coast Trains Limited" - Stagecoach Group

Virgin Credit card - MBNA Europe

Virgin Finance - started with Norwich Union

Virgin Atlantic - Singapore Airways

'Neverland'

That is all.

Go

Perhaps a portmanteau?

T-Mange

Orabile

Silver badge
Paris Hilton

I've brought up another one pardon the pun

Orange Bile

Meh

New name for EE?

They should just call themselves ZTE and be done with it because that's who will own all the comms companies in 10 years time anyway.

Anonymous Coward

A name that strikes fear in evildoers

Is g4s taken?. thats a popular and respected sounding name.

Trollface

Obvious...

Clockwork-Orange, says it all.

To borrow from The Simpsons

How about CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet?

Boffin

Heisenberg Mobile

You can have everything somewhere and something everywhere.

You can't have everything everywhere.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.