Nimbus Data has been in the all-flash array game for a while, so much so that it just pushed out a third-generation iteration of its Gemini flash array. The new Gemini hits that million IOPS performance level and also boasts a waranteed 10-year working life from consumer-grade flash along with the two high-availability …
how well balanced?
Wondering if some folk(s) could comment on how well these all flash systems keep their balance given that it seems fairly common that flash degrades in performance the more full it gets(much like disk of course in that respect). It would be really nice to see some SPC-1 numbers at high utilization rates (SPC-1 maximum unused storage ratio I believe is 45%) to see how they really perform on a level playing field.
Are these performance numbers that are quoted effectively "short stroking" the SSDs ?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS