back to article Tridium patches control systems bug after a year

More than 300,000 automation systems – covering lighting control, building automation and security, heating and air conditioning and more – need patching after a slew of vulnerabilities in the Tridium Niagara AX went public thanks to an ISC-CERT advisory. The announcement of the vulnerabilities comes nearly synchronously with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

He worked with them for a year to help fix their product

I hope they gave him a little incentive at the end of it all. The other day I watched an interview with the guy who compromised one of the most common hotel keycard locks - he said he never even bothered to contact the vendor because there was no way to fix the issue without replacing ~4 million circuit boards, so (more or less) "[f*ck it]".

Companies really should treat these guys right when they try to be helpful like this.

Thumb Down

Re: He worked with them for a year to help fix their product

"I hope they gave him a little incentive at the end of it all."

Of course they did. They didn't file charges against him.

Anonymous Coward

Re: He worked with them for a year to help fix their product

OK so if I somehow stumble across a gaping hole in someone's product that could cause their customers terrible consequences and spend a year of my time working with them to help resolve their issue I should be content that they don't press charges?

...and we wonder why security in so many products is complete shit.

Anonymous Coward

Your building still belong anyone

"Union Wharf Condos" in Boston ...

http://75.150.95.122/ord?station:|slot:/Pumps

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums