The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has agreed to settle an outstanding action over inducements paid by Oracle India to secure government contracts. The SEC filing notes that between 2005 and 2007 Oracle India siphoned off around $2.2m from eight different contracts with the Indian government that were worth $6.7m in …
Bribery? In India? Really?
Come on, I don't believe it.
The going rate...
I had assumed that bribery was normally at the sales commission level -- 10-15%.
But at the 50% level it's skirting the edge of illegal.
Corporations are not people
... because people would end up doing some real time for this level of bribery ... I mean, those were CRIMINAL actions ... you try that with your local high street bank and see just how far you get (unless of course you actually ARE the bank).
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests