Asia Pacific CIOs had better brush up their combat skills because they’ll need to “hyper compete” in 2013 if they want to attract the best staff and innovate their way to success, according to analyst IDC. Speaking at the Asia Pacific Summit 2012, IDC group vice president Sandra Ng argued that the region is the most competitive …
Short-sigheted idiots looking for a quick buck ...
Are short-sighted idiots looking for a quick buck.
"Cloud" anything is snake-oil.
compete for best staff ?
Best rant material trigger in ages.
you mean compete for a faster sacking algorithm? Social media ? how many corporate disasters has that spawned ? How many buzzwords/fud/fads of the day were in this article ? I lost count while barfing.
There is light at the end of the tunnel that might not be an oncoming train, but it is not in this article. In fact, I have not seen it in the media at all except for one Cringely article.
Stopped reading at 'hyper compete'...
Cheap, unreasonable and short term management causes skill 'shortages'.
If you pay well, have reasonable skills expectations, and TRAIN PEOPLE, you will have all the IT people you need; otherwise you will be just stupid, waste-of-space, leech HR and management staff who should be sacked as soon as you use the word shortages with reference to skilled staff.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- 'New Stuxnet': Government-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON 'Regin' described
- The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS