Cray's next-generation "Cascade" supercomputer is based on a future Intel "Ivy Bridge" Xeon processors, and the company has just taken $140m from Chipzilla in exchange for the intellectual property and people associated with its "Gemini" and "Aries" supercomputer interconnects. So it was no surprise that Cray talked about using …
I'm actually surprised that Nvidia GPUs are being paired with AMD CPUs. I'd expect the matchups to be Nvidia and Intel on the one hand, and ATI and AMD on the other.
Cray cray cray
I still want one of those old CRAY super computers to sit in my living room.
The ones ones look like a nice peice of furniture to sit on.
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked