Cray's next-generation "Cascade" supercomputer is based on a future Intel "Ivy Bridge" Xeon processors, and the company has just taken $140m from Chipzilla in exchange for the intellectual property and people associated with its "Gemini" and "Aries" supercomputer interconnects. So it was no surprise that Cray talked about using …
I'm actually surprised that Nvidia GPUs are being paired with AMD CPUs. I'd expect the matchups to be Nvidia and Intel on the one hand, and ATI and AMD on the other.
Cray cray cray
I still want one of those old CRAY super computers to sit in my living room.
The ones ones look like a nice peice of furniture to sit on.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous fat pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst