Cray's next-generation "Cascade" supercomputer is based on a future Intel "Ivy Bridge" Xeon processors, and the company has just taken $140m from Chipzilla in exchange for the intellectual property and people associated with its "Gemini" and "Aries" supercomputer interconnects. So it was no surprise that Cray talked about using …
I'm actually surprised that Nvidia GPUs are being paired with AMD CPUs. I'd expect the matchups to be Nvidia and Intel on the one hand, and ATI and AMD on the other.
Cray cray cray
I still want one of those old CRAY super computers to sit in my living room.
The ones ones look like a nice peice of furniture to sit on.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'