Australia’s mining and resources boom is driving demand for IT workers, as new, lucrative tenders see vendors and miners alike start work on new projects. Kordia Solutions Australia snared a flagship coal seam gas tender this week with the AUD$90 million communications services contract from Australia Pacific LNG (APLNG), after …
IT jobs rush?
Green cards more likely.
I've seen an IT job add for Queensland mining offering $35K for 12 hour shifts, FIFO, 44 hour week (pro rata).
And even when FIFO means they pay accomodation at one end (not universal), you still have to own a home full-time for the off shift -- unless you are living in a hotel or N to a room with your contract workmates.
Re: IT jobs rush?
Yep, we keep hearing about the "mining industry job crisis" in the media but there doesn't seem to be a corresponding number of credible job ads.
On top of that there are countless anecdotal stories of people trying to get into the mining industry and getting nowhere.
It's all a moot point now though. With China in slowdown combined with Juliars "there will be no carbon tax under the government I lead" carbon tax starting to bite the mining industry is heading for a crash the likes of which haven't been seen since the late 1980's.
- Pic Suffering SPITZER! Boffins discover Milky Way's MISSING ARMS
- Antique Code Show Sega’s Out Run: Even better than the wheel thing
- Tube be or not tube be: Apple’s CYLINDRICAL Mac Pro is out tomorrow
- Google: Surge in pressure from govts to ERASE CHUNKS of the web
- Oi, bank manager. Only you've got my email address - where're these TROJANS coming from?