A new review Discussion Paper released yesterday by the Australian Taxation Office's Business Tax Working Group (BTWG) has the potential to change the way Australian IT departments manage their affairs. The BTWG was formed last year in response to business groups' concerns that Australia's tax regime, and especially the 30% …
now I know why I didn't pursue a career in economics
Could the depreciation rate be tied to Moore's law? Or would this upset the apple cart and turn it into kindling?
Or - You can't please all of the people all of the time, and most of the time you don't please any of them.
What we have got to put up with in the UK only worse.
Could always move to the UK where the Government has given the banks millions and billions to lend to business..... At a lower rate of interest, but they don't.
What's the point?
"the Company Tax rate can be cut, but only if other assistance to business is also reduced"
Fail! This article applies only to Oz and there should have been an indication of that fact in the title.
Wow. A fail because you had to read as far as the first sentence? I'd recommend you cancel your subscription in protest.
What did you think "Aus" refers to. You know, in the title there?
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK