Code 42 is a Windows error code saying a device driver couldn't load. It's also a cloud backup firm founded in 2001, which landed $52.5 million funding in January and has just poached ex-Compellent sales boss Brian Bell from Dell. It must be like coming home in a sense for Bell as Code 42 is headquartered in Minneapolis, near …
i use it - pretty slick
You can back up your own or to friend's machines. This gives you very effortless offsite backups. Even with the free version. A few of the controls that handle versioning and retention time are locked out of the free version.
I have my parents' computers backing up to a headless linux machine with a big hard drive in my basement (150 miles away). Has worked more or less flawlessly, it did take a while to get everything copied over and was nearly invisible in its operation.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle