Code 42 is a Windows error code saying a device driver couldn't load. It's also a cloud backup firm founded in 2001, which landed $52.5 million funding in January and has just poached ex-Compellent sales boss Brian Bell from Dell. It must be like coming home in a sense for Bell as Code 42 is headquartered in Minneapolis, near …
i use it - pretty slick
You can back up your own or to friend's machines. This gives you very effortless offsite backups. Even with the free version. A few of the controls that handle versioning and retention time are locked out of the free version.
I have my parents' computers backing up to a headless linux machine with a big hard drive in my basement (150 miles away). Has worked more or less flawlessly, it did take a while to get everything copied over and was nearly invisible in its operation.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why