back to article Facebook pokes devs' wallets: Mobile app ad beta launches

Desperate to squeeze money from its mobile users, Facebook is trialling mobile-app advertising, auctioning news-feed slots to the mobile developer who bids highest. The adverts for the devs' creations will appear in news feeds of mobile users and link directly to the relative app stores, iTunes or Google Play. Facebook reckons …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Yeah right.

What surprises me is not so much that people use Facebook (I see the value), but that people use mobile apps for anything even related to "social". The first thing these apps do (this includes all official and unofficial versions from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) is upload your entire contact list.

That makes me want to strangle, erm, a..., um, you know, well I'd better say a chicken or something, or I'll get extraditioned.

Gold badge

Re: Yeah right.

The more accurate description is thus "asocial apps". Which means they are indeed very much in tune with Facebook..

Silver badge
Meh

They real desperadoes

How far will Facebook prostitute itself is the race to put money in the bank.

Facebook targeted advertising

Facebook gambling

Facebook fake users

Facebook harvesting data

Facebook advertisers ripped of by fake pay per click

Facebook .........

You name it they will do it for the cash

Anonymous Coward

"Make Facebook pay"

Funny, I heard that same desire from some investors. But they were also talking about making Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs pay, and they hardly do anything social.

*confused*

Silver badge

what does it all really mean

Zuckerberg managed to sell a dream to investors. There is no solid business model, there does not appear to be anything more than a simple pipe dream behind 100 billion dollars and bang goes a couple of pension funds.

The banks and investors should be publically hung for playing with other peoples money in such whimsidasical methods.

Anonymous Coward

Re: what does it all really mean

"Zuckerberg managed to sell a dream to investors series of porkies to the gullible."

There, fixed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums