Rackspace has hinted strongly at the announcement of a local data centre, with Australia/New Zealand Country Manager Mark Randall promising the company's "most significant investment" in Australia will be revealed on August 22nd. While the cloudy company is not saying exactly what it plans to launch, the wonderfully-named Andrew …
The reluctance of the Australian Government and other Australian entities in using cloud storage provided by American companies is simple: data hosted in the USA has been proven to be vulnerable to the interests of the American Government and additionally American companies can be requested or forced into dilvuging client data or otherwise confidential information without going through due process in Australia.
Nobody wants their data stored on American soil.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s