Rackspace has hinted strongly at the announcement of a local data centre, with Australia/New Zealand Country Manager Mark Randall promising the company's "most significant investment" in Australia will be revealed on August 22nd. While the cloudy company is not saying exactly what it plans to launch, the wonderfully-named Andrew …
The reluctance of the Australian Government and other Australian entities in using cloud storage provided by American companies is simple: data hosted in the USA has been proven to be vulnerable to the interests of the American Government and additionally American companies can be requested or forced into dilvuging client data or otherwise confidential information without going through due process in Australia.
Nobody wants their data stored on American soil.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests