Australian flag carrier QANTAS' website went all-but-titsup for at least an hour on Monday afternoon. El Reg tried to book a ticket at 1:50 PM AEST and found the site operated only in very limited mode, with basic booking functions only on offer. qantas website crash Even that functionality was flaky: the site changed from …
"...retro 1994-style Mosaic mode..."
Heh, haven't heard reference to that web browser in years.
Ahh the memories...
...the Toxic Leprechaun has fired all the IT staff as yet another of his 'cost saving' measures.
Nice try though
At least they made some attempt at graceful degradation of their service, rather than throwing the hands up in the air if it can't reach 20 different "nice to have" systems, and reporting some cutesy or hipster "ooops come back later" message.
Now for a bit of testing and rework to get the fallback barebones service working properly...
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less