The next frontier for solid-state electronics, the Terahertz boundary, has come a little closer with DARPA announcing a receiver operating at 850 GHz. Currently, receiving and decoding THz signals requires a frequency down-conversion on the way, because nobody’s produced chips that can operate at such high frequencies. Down- …
BUT CAN IT PLAY CRYSIS??? LOLOLOL
hd nudey scanners?
Go with valves instead?
IIRC they are already in this territory.
THz Radio Freqs
IIRC, that is long- to mid- wave IR. I didn't think they were great for penetration.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support