Japanese electronics giant Sharp has become the latest tech firm to announce swingeing job cuts, with 5,000 employees set to be culled in a bid to slash costs after it revealed losses in the last quarter of £1.1bn. Sharp hasn’t been forced to make any redundancies in over 60 years but has been hemorrhaging money thanks to a …
Rumour has it
That they will be supplying the screen for the new iPhone, I would have expected them to increase their workforce?
Pass the buck
Guaranteed none of the people supposedly in charge are among the culling.
"hefty $388 settlement"
I think even I could manage to pay that sort of settlement figure.
Didn't realize they were still in business.
They used to be THE brand for ghetto blasters back in the mid-late '80s.
Haven't seen anything with their name on it in the last 15-20 years.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great