Feeds

back to article Shock ZOMBIE attack could kill off Nokia's 3G phones

A US appeals court has brought an InterDigital patent gripe against Nokia back to life today, three years after the International Trade Commission kicked it to the kerb. InterDigital lodged its appeal after the ITC decided that Nokia wasn't infringing on four of its patents back in 2009. InterDigital claims some of its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Devil

As an ex-Nokia fanboi I was tempted to put some crack in here about does Nokia still make phones but seriously, when is crap like this just going to lie down and die?

Silver badge

Go on

Go on kick a man when he is down.

Anonymous Coward

Patently crazy

Maybe it's time for an international conference with delegates from every country except the USA, where they can agree that all American-owned patents are invalid and unenforceable until the US Patent Office gets its act together.

Re: Patently crazy

Nice idea, but the US is too important a market to get locked out of by pirates. Look at NTP vs RIM: the case that may well have turned the latter from a leading-edge innovator to something besuited and unable to maintain its lead.

Silver badge
Facepalm

I thought

that this had been kicked out as a valid claim by the ITC.

More lawyers rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of a million £€$ payout....

Also, could be Nokia's death knell........Hope not. i like nokia/symbian.

Anonymous Coward

Nokia/Symbian? Pining for the fjords?

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This OS is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If the 808 Pureview hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-OS!!

Re: Nokia/Symbian? Pining for the fjords?

Nokia/symbian ain't dead until someone produces an alternative phone as good as the E71.

True, the software leaves something to be desired (mostly in the clumsiness of switching between apps, which is crap). But no iphone/android even comes close in physical construction/build/ergonomic quality.

essential 3G patents

I am bemused.

Another company claiming they have essential patents for 3G.

If so many companies hold 'essential' patents how come it ever got developed in the first place?

This topic is closed for new posts.