Labour rights groups have warned a US Congressional hearing that severe flaws in the auditing process of technology production facilities in China threaten to undermine the efforts of big name tech brands to ensure their kit is produced in legal and humane conditions. Li Qiang, founder of non-governmental organisation China …
So its China, where is the surprise in this?
yea its not surprising to me of all the nasty, shotty construction stores I seen come outta china. O and to throw in the pictures from china before the 2008 Olympics, how much Pollution is in the air over there. Nothing that comes outta china like this shocks me anymore.
Or to put it slightly more eloquently:
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Ms Chan hit the nail on the head :
«Debby Chan, a project officer at SACOM who exposed alleged malpractice at Apple ODM Foxconn, argued that bribery is only part of the problem with audits and that the root problem is the absence of genuine trade unions in China», but given the attitude of a large number of members of the US Congress towards trade unions (at least US trade unions), it is more than a tad ironic to hear these complaints about factory working conditions and wages being aired in a US Congressional hearing....
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network