Feeds

back to article Scotland Yard's hacking probe: Cops arrest journalist

Scotland Yard officers cuffed a 51-year-old man this morning on suspicion of handling stolen goods in relation to its investigation of alleged computer hacking. That arrest is the eighth one under Operation Tuleta, which is a probe into criminal breaches of privacy being carried out in tandem with the ongoing phone-hacking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Unhappy

When will the Police arrest bent coppers

for their involvement in the hacking and bribes scandal? So far it's only journalists that have been arrested, despite journalists admitting handing shopping bags full of cash to bent coppers. If there are no coppers arrested for their involvement it makes a mockery of the entire investigation - the Met Police are rotten to the core.

Re Scotland Yard officers cuffed a 51-year-old man this morning

No they didn't.

"The Met confirmed that the unnamed man is a journalist who is currently attending a central London police station by appointment."

Bronze badge

No Daily Mailbags for him

> The Crown Prosecution Service said that those individuals charged faced a "realistic prospect of conviction."

Did they estimate how little chance the buggers have of serving time?

Black Helicopters

Re: No Daily Mailbags for him

The CPS are bit optimistic really. Surely Andy and Rebecca are far too rich to convicted?

Silver badge

By appointment

"The Met confirmed that the unnamed man is a journalist who is currently attending a central London police station by appointment."

That's such a pleasant way of describing it.

Copper: You have an appointment for interview at the local station for 1pm tomorrow

Journo: I'm not sure I'll be able to make that.

Copper: We'll come round 10 strong at 6am and kick your f*cking door in then.

Journo: 1pm you say? Right you are.

RE: When will the Police arrest bent coppers

I was wondering that the Telegraph has published a list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/9420326/Phone-hacking-list-of-arrests-so-far.html

Seems like some have, I must be too cycnical because frankly I was amazed that thay have pinched any of their own.

Unhappy

@Triggerfish

Met corruption inquiry ends with 9 GUILTY, NO DISMISSALS.

I mean honestly, how can the police be trusted when they fail to police themselves? They're all over the members of public if they post some trivial twatter abuse, but corrupt coppers can do what they like (ranging from accepting bribes to murder - look up Daniel Morgan for the latter) and are beyond the law.

Re: @Triggerfish

Thanks Neil, you have restored my faith that the law is acting as usual then.

This topic is closed for new posts.