The One Laptop Per Child project may be about to issue a tender for graphic designers after deciding its next piece of hardware will be a hybrid laptop/tablet “next-level innovation machine.” The organisation behind the green machines unveiled a prototype tablet at CES, after issuing a roadmap way back in 2009 that promised 2012 …
Are you allowed to use the words 'London' and '2012' in the same article without permission from the Stasi?
Hasn't this train already left the station. I may be mistaken but didn't Thailand order 800k Android tablets for their students. I can buy a $59 Android tablet today and have it delivered in days. Martin
Yes. The OLPC project was a farce from the start, and these days cheap and effective Android tablets get shat out of Chinese factories like water.
Combines the best of a tablet and laptop? Sounds familiar... oh wait, it could be because that's exactly the device I'm posting from!
Now if only ASUS would get off their butts and release the padfone here.
They're just trying to stay -relevant- (assume annoying wiggly finger speech marks). Laptops aren't faddy enough any more. Nowadays you have to have a swishy swishy finger painting device to be down with the cool kids, oh and err, well educated.
Convertible tablets in the hands of kids
Broken before you can say "Miss, I lost the pen".
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity