South Korean police say they have arrested two malicious hackers that obtained personal details of 8.7 million KT mobile customers and on-selling the data to telemarketing firms. The police accuse the pair of earning one billion won, which sounds a lot more than the roughly $US800,000 it converts to, in the scam. The data theft …
Faith and begorrah. Thank you for naming them wot they is: crackers, as opposed to hackers.
Well, in the headline, at least.
But it's a start.
We will reform the media industry one line at a time. :-)
Good to see El Reg is making a start on correcting their reporting of cracking incidents.
"KT detected signs of intrusion on their networks"
Was this a clue? Or are KT admitting to something else?
"Further to the announcement on 30 March 2009, Phorm, the interest-based advertising technology company, is pleased to confirm that it yesterday commenced its market trial with leading Korean internet service provider (ISP) KT."
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low