South Korean police say they have arrested two malicious hackers that obtained personal details of 8.7 million KT mobile customers and on-selling the data to telemarketing firms. The police accuse the pair of earning one billion won, which sounds a lot more than the roughly $US800,000 it converts to, in the scam. The data theft …
Faith and begorrah. Thank you for naming them wot they is: crackers, as opposed to hackers.
Well, in the headline, at least.
But it's a start.
We will reform the media industry one line at a time. :-)
Good to see El Reg is making a start on correcting their reporting of cracking incidents.
"KT detected signs of intrusion on their networks"
Was this a clue? Or are KT admitting to something else?
"Further to the announcement on 30 March 2009, Phorm, the interest-based advertising technology company, is pleased to confirm that it yesterday commenced its market trial with leading Korean internet service provider (ISP) KT."
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!