Apple may be waiting some time yet before it gets the rights to use the IPAD name in China after reports from the region suggested that lawyers of its court room opponent Proview are requesting temporary seizure of the trademark until they are paid. A report on technology news portal Sina Tech (via Marbridge Daily) claimed that …
Smiling, feeling shallow
I find myself smiling, and can't tell why. Is it shysters shafting lawyers? Lawyers shafting shysters? Apple, having been shafted by shysters and lawyers, only now being able to say "see!". And *still* not got hold of the name? A glass of Chateau de Schadenfruity for everyone!
Of lawyers running around seizing anything with IPAD written on it, receipts, paper, magazines, billboards and locking the words in a box so no one else can see them.
I need popcorn
This is getting epic.
Re: I need popcorn
The whole thing is turning from soapie into full operatic drama.
I wonder who the Fat lady will be in the end ;)
that old product
Since the iPhone5 (ice lolly), is already on sale in China, I can see more legal huckstering in Apple's near future (snigger).
Dont let the url put you off, the product name IS "iPhone 5"
Here for the iPhone gas cooker and further products
Maybe I should register "LPAD" and put the 'L' in lower case....
Or better, register it as an inverted exclamation mark, or call it a ¡pad, or a ¿pad...
China, a great place to do business.....
You know what this means?
Lenovo has offered the lawyers $80m for the trademark.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids