Apple has forked out about $350m in cash for a security company that makes embedded security solutions for mobile devices, according to an SEC filing. The buyout of AuthenTec drops a few hints about where Apple might take its fondleslab and mini fondleslab ranges in the future. AuthenTec is a public company so the buyout was …
I have already started to take payments on the iPad with the mpowa ap.
Patent Wars Ammunition
Who wants to bet this acquisition is just another box of ammunition in the patent wars?
Re: Patent Wars Ammunition
"Who wants to bet this acquisition is just another box of ammunition in the patent wars?"
Me. It may be that patents will need to be defended, but the primary purpose will be to secure NFC-equipped iOS devices and turn them into secure digital wallets
They probably have a couple of overly-broad patents that Apple will try to use to prevent competition.
You mean like Microsoft and the Linux "patents?"
Exactly! Apple is taking a page right out of Microsoft's playbook. "If you can't innovate, litigate". Sure worked out for Microsoft! Oh, wait ...
And the iPad was copied from?
Oh please say the Windoze tablet, I need a good laugh.
änd the iPhone's just a copy of an iPaq...
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab