back to article Court blocks 12 websites for 'misleading' Olympic ticket sales

Twelve websites are being blocked by British authorities under for the unauthorised sale of tens of thousands of tickets to the Olympics. The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) said it had secured an interim enforcement order from the High Court blocking the sites’ further sale of tickets and giving British authorities the ability …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 38
    Joke

Awesome

Banning these websites the day before the Olympics™ starts is the kind of joined up thinking that will make these games such a success. I'm sure that no-one will have bought tickets from these sites prior to today!

1. ItsNotMe
      Thumb Up

Re: Awesome

Agree 100%!

What was their rush? Plenty of time before the games begin...isn't there?

2. LarsG
      Headmaster

Come on

Everyone knows the only way to get a ticket is to be a Games Organiser, Corporate entity or Politician.

2. Hayden Clark Silver badge
    Big Brother

... and so it begins.

First they blocked the evil paedophilia sites.

The they blocked the pirates.

Now they block commerce sites that may or may not be contravening the Ts&C's on event tickets.

... what next?

3. Alan Brown Silver badge

As I understand it

Tixnet and its various scandanavian clones were selling tickets that they didn't actually have.

No T&C involved, just common old fraud.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OK,but

Accepting that the takeover of the site was legit, I would have been happier to see the replacement page linking to the interim judgement that allowed it - el Reg did that easy enough in the article.

Such notices ought to (a) Identify exactly who has taken the site over and (b) The legal instrument that allowed it. Just so that justice is being seen to be done.

5. Thomas 18
    Mushroom

TOTAL POLICING

That's either an epic failure in marketting or the worlds first honest police branch.

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Re: TOTAL POLICING

Doesn't the phrase "Total Policing" sound just a little bit scary in a Minority Report sort of way?

Paranoid? Nope, not me, it's all starting to make sense now ...

1. Graham Marsden
        Big Brother

@Version 1.0 - Re: TOTAL POLICING

You mean like "Vote Fascist for a Third Glorious Decade of Total Law Enforcement"?

1. Craig Chambers
          Thumb Up

Re: @Version 1.0 - TOTAL POLICING

Absolutely Voter Colonel

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: TOTAL POLICING

Same idea as "Total Football" isn't it? Not that I follow the football.

6. andy gibson

So who had all the tickets

for the women's football in Coventry and Cardiff on Wednesday, because the stadiums were barely a 1/4 full.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It definately

Wasnt any of the population of the UK, they were last on the list to even be allowed to buy them after Corporate Sponsors (re-backhand payments to IOC), IOC and any foreign embassy worker above cleaner.

It's the peoples olympics all right, about 70 of them share the money and the rest of the UK pay.

This is another Blair project like teh Dome, 8 Billion to build and we gave it to 02 for nothing, I can see the games legacy here matching Los Angeles, Beijing and Greece for white elephants but with 3 times the cost to the public

This topic is closed for new posts.