China’s largest telecoms kit maker Huawei has seen its profits for the first half of 2012 slump by nearly a quarter, thanks to the sluggish global economy. Huawei said that although sales revenue for the period increased 5.1 per cent from the same time last year to 102.7 billion yuan (£10.4bn), operating profits tumbled 22 per …
Pushing into the UK
I can safely say they will be making a huge push into the UK market in the next year and from what I've seen, the kit outperforms a LOT of the competition, both Telecom and Network hardware.
Re: Pushing into the UK
Just got a small SAN appliance from them and it's blazing fast and blazing cheap - compared to the offerings from netapp et al.
Phil, to put Huawei's Q2 results in perspective,
wouldn't it have been wise to compare with Ericsson's, which showed a 1 % increase in net sales (-17 % in networks) YoY, but a sharp (63 %) decline in net income (http://www.ericsson.com/res/investors/docs/q-reports/2012/6month12-en.pdf) ? Under these circumstances, Huawei doesn't seem to be doing so bad....
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search