BT revenues fell some 6 per cent in the national telco's first quarter as the company coughed to "tough conditions" in the financial sector as well as in Europe hampering its global services division. It's wholesale wing also suffered an 8 per cent drop in sales falling below the £1bn mark to £923m, while Openreach revenues were …
"On retail, BT saw a dramatic fall in the number of broadband customers it added during Q1..."
You can't blame punters for flocking to what looks like a great deal, if you believe the glossy TV ads.
But after a (short) while, word gets out about the first punters' actual experiences with BT and its rotten attitude to customers. That's when sales hit the floor.
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".
Buried in the threads of the BT Business support forum is a post asking what PHP version is used on the web hosting packages. A simple enough and innocent request you might think from a potential customer yet the staff went into evasive mode taking over two weeks to finally come back with an answer. One could be forgiven for thinking that BT had subbed its support out to Vogons with an abacus.
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?