Polaroid has a deal in the frame with Asda, which will see a range of the photography-mogul's other tech – including budget tellies and home theatre systems – retail through the supermarket exclusively. The range includes a Polaroid 42in passive-3D 1080p LCD TV, which comes with four sets of glasses for £399. You can pick up a …
These have been for sale in my local Asda for a month or so.
They look ok design wise, but the picture is pretty poor on the TV's...
Polaroid isn't a photography mogul any more, it is a company that purchased the trademark off the liquidators and allows various manufacturers to slap it on their products in exchange for some cash.
Essentially it is all Flextronics stuff, made in either Korea or the ol' PRC.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?