A server's job is to run applications as fast as it can, and it looks like flash memory is becoming an essential ingredient in the race for speed. Server-maker Cisco has just bagged a VMmark benchmark for doing just that – in its case using networked Violin Memory flash storage – paving the way to all performance-focused servers …
Yet again, another stupid retarded benchmark from one of the big players.
A Violin Mem V6000 costs about $500k
A 2-socket server can be had from $5k
And a Cisco Server 2S using a Violin Mem V6000 scored good points . lol - Given the price they should at least try connecting 100 servers to it for a comparison that is not completely retarded.
11.30@10 tiles is way higher than 11.13@10 tiles(DL360pGen8)? I'd call that just a little bit higher, not way higher.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM