A Russian man thought to be connected to a series of denial-of-service attacks against Amazon in 2008 has been arrested in Cyprus. The US Attorney's Office said Dmitry Olegovich Zubakha, 25, from Moscow, Russia, is also suspected of running DDoS attacks against Priceline.com and eBay. He stands accused of aggravated identity …
One has to wonder.
"After a series of similar attacks against Priceline.com, his alleged accomplice then offered his services to the firm as a security consultant, says Washington."
One has to wonder if he was really stupid enough to expect a legitimate job offer, or if he was just more or less saying, "Put me on your payroll and I won't DDoS you anymore".
I tend to think that he was, in fact, stupid enough.
I can hace loyer pls?
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers