BP Oil will push 100,000 staff mailboxes into the cloud after the fuel giant signed a deal with Deutsche Telekom's T-Systems division to reorganise its internal communications. The five-year contract tasks T-Systems with setting up an internal messaging system for 83,000 BP employees worldwide, an overhaul that will include …
That's going to be a nice earner for DT given the size of the mailboxes I remember BP staffers using...
Suckers -- they still use Exchange?
They must have too much money to give away -- both in hardware and software.
Good luck to BP, I deal with T-Systems, and they are as good as any other outsourcing outfit - i.e. not very.
Anon for obvious reasons!
Some Bank did that too with another large IT Service Provider.... oh boy has that project failed even after the first 10.000 users where migrated.... with another few thousand left to go which wont happen now cause of service problems, IT Service Provider going "nah" we did not sign up for this blah blah blah
Careful CEOs :)
ANON for obvious reasons
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Apple stuns world+dog with SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call