The OpenStack cloud controller, launched two years ago to the day by techies at NASA Ames Research Center and Rackspace Hosting, has come a long way in its infancy. With Hewlett-Packard and Rackspace ramping up clouds based on the current "Essex" release, OpenStack is only just learning to walk. But it won't be long before …
But what does this give me that I don't already have?
Serious question ... Marketards have never done much for me.
I just sat through an Apache CloudStack session where they claim over 236 developers contributing from over 100 companies in less than 10 weeks since its launch into the Apache Foundation. By the claims in this piece, that would make them qualify as growing faster than Linux or OpenStack.
To be fair, the internet was a different place when the linux kernel debuted. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media