The OpenStack cloud controller, launched two years ago to the day by techies at NASA Ames Research Center and Rackspace Hosting, has come a long way in its infancy. With Hewlett-Packard and Rackspace ramping up clouds based on the current "Essex" release, OpenStack is only just learning to walk. But it won't be long before …
But what does this give me that I don't already have?
Serious question ... Marketards have never done much for me.
I just sat through an Apache CloudStack session where they claim over 236 developers contributing from over 100 companies in less than 10 weeks since its launch into the Apache Foundation. By the claims in this piece, that would make them qualify as growing faster than Linux or OpenStack.
To be fair, the internet was a different place when the linux kernel debuted. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion