A seventh computer-hacking suspect was arrested this morning by detectives who are also probing separate allegations of voicemail interception at Rupert Murdoch's British newspapers. Scotland Yard is yet to put out an official statement, but officers confirmed to The Register that an unnamed man, whose age and alleged offences …
"El Reg asked Murdoch's News International to comment on this story, but at time of writing it hadn't got back to us."
I'm sure when they're up for parole they'll get back to you.
Sorry, couldn't help myself ;-)
Did they leave a phone message?
Can we all listen in?
Congratulations! - You're in the final of Cyber Security Challenge
First prize - 10 year all expenses paid trip to a tropical island.
But honestly, I'm sure there is much better use to put these sort of talents - Cyber Security Challenge red team perhaps?
Re: Congratulations! - You're in the final of Cyber Security Challenge
Well they got caught so they cant be that good!
is this still the voicemail thing?
I thought They'd arrested more than 7 in the past god knows how long?
No, different investigation. That was the voice mail hacking case, this is the more conventional hacking case. There's also the bribing policemen case.
With any luck, NI's cunning plan of laying everyone off from NotW and then hiring them to work for The Sun will backfire, as more and more 'Sun' employees are arrested and that shitty rag's name is also forever tarnished.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL