If someone (that means you, Larry Ellison, and maybe you, Michael Dell, or maybe you, Ginni Rometty) was thinking about buying networking chip, switch, and adapter maker Mellanox Technologies, it is probably too late unless that certain someone wants to spend a whole lotta cash doing the deal. Mellanox just wrapped up its second …
I don't see Oracle buying them, but they've already take a 10.2% stake in the company according Reg reporting:
Not that expensive really
$2.5B for a market leader in affordable fast networking is cheap. Any company that wants a networking arm would be dumb not to buy mellanox right now as there have been countless worse acquisition targets that still turned a profit.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK