If someone (that means you, Larry Ellison, and maybe you, Michael Dell, or maybe you, Ginni Rometty) was thinking about buying networking chip, switch, and adapter maker Mellanox Technologies, it is probably too late unless that certain someone wants to spend a whole lotta cash doing the deal. Mellanox just wrapped up its second …
I don't see Oracle buying them, but they've already take a 10.2% stake in the company according Reg reporting:
Not that expensive really
$2.5B for a market leader in affordable fast networking is cheap. Any company that wants a networking arm would be dumb not to buy mellanox right now as there have been countless worse acquisition targets that still turned a profit.
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods