If someone (that means you, Larry Ellison, and maybe you, Michael Dell, or maybe you, Ginni Rometty) was thinking about buying networking chip, switch, and adapter maker Mellanox Technologies, it is probably too late unless that certain someone wants to spend a whole lotta cash doing the deal. Mellanox just wrapped up its second …
I don't see Oracle buying them, but they've already take a 10.2% stake in the company according Reg reporting:
Not that expensive really
$2.5B for a market leader in affordable fast networking is cheap. Any company that wants a networking arm would be dumb not to buy mellanox right now as there have been countless worse acquisition targets that still turned a profit.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe