If someone (that means you, Larry Ellison, and maybe you, Michael Dell, or maybe you, Ginni Rometty) was thinking about buying networking chip, switch, and adapter maker Mellanox Technologies, it is probably too late unless that certain someone wants to spend a whole lotta cash doing the deal. Mellanox just wrapped up its second …
I don't see Oracle buying them, but they've already take a 10.2% stake in the company according Reg reporting:
Not that expensive really
$2.5B for a market leader in affordable fast networking is cheap. Any company that wants a networking arm would be dumb not to buy mellanox right now as there have been countless worse acquisition targets that still turned a profit.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO