The Tizen HTML5 framework is heavily dependent on WAC APIs
I wonder what Intel and Samsung make of this. Tizen is looking more of a lame duck every day.
Opera implemented WAC in their widgets.
From what I recall.
You know the widgets they dropped because nobody was interested, and the ones that Firefox are now experimenting with...
under the control of the network operators.
So herding cats.
No surprise it starved to death.
This is why carriers can't have nice things
Political infighting... Substituting executives for engineers... Languishing in stagnancy while the world at large soldiers on. No wonder they've been driven off their own market by the likes of Apple and Google.
I have been critical of the "dump pipe" vision for data networks on technical grounds (I'd rather have Quality of Service than over-provisioning), but the more I have of the carriers' utter incompetence, the more I feel it serves them right.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan