It could be sweaty palm time for Taiwan’s ODMs after reports emerged that Lenovo is set to step up in-house production of its notebooks and PCs. The Chinese hardware giant is planning new production lines in Japan and Brazil as well as at its LCFC joint venture with Compal Electronics in northern China, Digitimes reported. …
Lenovo and IBM
I seem to recall that Lenovo are licensees of the Think Pad brand, not owners.
I seem to recall they signed a ten year licensing deal with IBM. Am I wrong ?
If so, this suggests confidence that IBM will re-license the brand out to the Chinese, or, given the growth in the market that Think Pad is enjoying, would IBM pull it back in house and enjoy the fruits of their own designs.... ?
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job