It could be sweaty palm time for Taiwan’s ODMs after reports emerged that Lenovo is set to step up in-house production of its notebooks and PCs. The Chinese hardware giant is planning new production lines in Japan and Brazil as well as at its LCFC joint venture with Compal Electronics in northern China, Digitimes reported. …
Lenovo and IBM
I seem to recall that Lenovo are licensees of the Think Pad brand, not owners.
I seem to recall they signed a ten year licensing deal with IBM. Am I wrong ?
If so, this suggests confidence that IBM will re-license the brand out to the Chinese, or, given the growth in the market that Think Pad is enjoying, would IBM pull it back in house and enjoy the fruits of their own designs.... ?
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market