Feeds

back to article Cockfighting Reg hack cursed with cancer

My piece last week on a chance encounter with the film Cockfighter didn't go down to too well with one anonymous animal lover. Hiding behind the safety of a Tor Exit Router, the evidently unhappy bunny flamed away: For promoting cockfighting, I hope Lester Haines entire body gets riddled with cancer and dies a slow and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Thumb Up

PUTA Indeed!

Silver badge

Indeed- someone knows a little Spanish

Anonymous Coward

I'd have sub-titled it "Maiming And Death Recreational Entertainment"

(Written by Reg staff) Bronze badge

Muy bien.

8 week's & counting for Deer Season to begin here in Maryland... Shake & bake those Bambi steaks ...

Silver badge

@icetrout

It's always deer season ... if you're friends with your local sherriff, that is. Most road-kill deer are at least 50% usable, if you get to them in time. I don't hunt anymore, but thanks to clueless tourists, I always have venison in my meat locker here in Sonoma, CA. Waste not, want not.

Shake & Bake? Are you ill? A little salt & pepper, and a very hot grill is all you need ... and indeed, any more ruins the flavo(u)r of wild game. IMO, of course.

Coat

¿Títulos? ¿por qué?

Hijo de puta would be more accurate, as given it is dearest El Reg, chances are it is a bloke!

Slightly off-topic, but what drives someone to post such bile? We can all get angry and throw our toys out of the pram, from time to time, but FFS, that is a seriously disturbed individual.

I`d get my coat, but it`s 32 here and, in my terrible Spanish, es demasiado caliente para un abrigo

Bronze badge

Re: @icetrout

Our local butcher dresses game for a lot of the hunters around here, and also makes some fine venison sausage and the like. So we can get fresh venison in season, and frozen or otherwise preserved much of the rest of the year. Just one of several reasons why a good local butcher is so much better than the meat counter at the local gigamart.

Thumb Up

Best. Response. Ever!

pish

What no kittens versus Rottweilers?

..... or should that be kittunz?

Re: pish

You need a licence for kittens versus rottweilers.

Silver badge

My Rottie is currently acting as babysitter for the first litter[1] of kittens we've had here on the ranch in years. Gut feeling is that they will be pushing the big softie around in a couple months ...

[1] Stray came in *very* pregnant ... All our cats are spayed & neutered. She will be. Currently, she's in my lap, on a "kitten break" ... My main whippet is miffed that the Rottie took the nursemaid's job, but he'll deal with it :-)

Silver badge

Put me down for a fiver on the piranhas and a tenner on the badger - those things are vicious little bastards.

Boffin

Read any Cordwainer Smith? I'd back Mother Hitton's Littul Kittons against rotweilers any day.

Thumb Up

"...those things are vicious little bastards."

Oh yes indeed!

I was once bitten *through* a pair of heavy duty gloves while trying to assist an RSPCA officer. The contractors had just dumped the old barbwire they were replacing and it had become tangled in it.

Ungrateful sod didn't seem to appreciate the fact we were trying to help...

Silver badge

@ Arthur the cat - Re: pish

You misspelled it.

Oh, wait, what's that? AAAAAAArrrrgghhhhh......

Silver badge

Lester, I have a licence for kittens vs hammer. I'm pretty sure if you hold the rottweilers by their hind legs and hammer them down on the kittens that would be covered. Alternatively, you could just paint a hammer on the rottweilers. Or on the piranhas (take waterproof colour in that case). Or on about everything that is willing to tear up kittens.

Re: Re: pish

Sounds good. Let's do lunch. My local bistro does a nice "Endangered Species Mixed Grill". I can recommend the Siberian tiger and Iberian lynx kebabs, in a Hawaiian monk seal fat sauce sprinkled with powdered Sumatran rhino horn.

Re: @ Arthur the cat - pish

You must be related to Hodgesaaaarrrgghh then?

(Thanks Terry Pratchett)

...... although if I remember correctly, and it is a long while since I read it, were the Kittons actually Mink?

Silver badge

FOTW?

Shirley us commantards can come up with something better before next weekend?

It's only Tuesday. And it's foggy. Good poaching weather ...

Bronze badge
Trollface

Re: FOTW?

R U just down the road ? Very cold and foggy here, just like the inside of the Oz labour party headquarters.

Better quality comments are required.

Where is Paris lately BTW ? oh wait, she must be an advisor on that new TV thing, The Shire, without Bilbo, his offsider and Orcs to lighten the story.

Thumb Up

Oh god

You *do* know how humourless and militant some of these fannies can be?

Oh hang on, of course you do. Lol, play on!

Thumb Up

Re: Oh god

Yes, however he is in Spain, which I feel keeps him fairly safe from the English \ American nutters who make up the bulk of the problem.

Also People for the Eating of Tasty Animals need to feature on future posters!

Silver badge

Re: Oh god

Yeah, he really fell fowl of them this time.

Joke

Save the Whales!

Collect the whole set :P

Silver badge

The annaconda

I'll take it, and the chihauhau puppies too (need something i can feed it)

Flame

PETA

People for the Eating of Tasty Animals?

Cockfights are such a waste of precious chicken meat.

Flame icon for BBQ flame-grilling. Mmm.

Bronze badge

Re: PETA

Eating cockerels? Sorry, too stringy. They're only good for soup.

Silver badge

Only soup? (was: Re: PETA)

I'm fairly fond of most variations of Coq Au Vin ... none of which are soup.

Flame

Quote Steven Wright

"I love defenceless animals ... especially in a good gravy."

Flame icon because we can barbecue them as well.

Colin

Z80
Headmaster

Flaming idiot

"Lester Haines' " or, if you must, "Lester Haines's".

Tchoh.

Coffee/keyboard

<claps>

Its not even Friday ... you owe me a new keyboard.

ROFL

Yet another good day for keyboard manufacturers. Nice one Lester.

Silver badge
Pirate

Can I have....

Badger please - the cows in the field next to me make too much noise and I am hoping a bit of TB will sort them out!

Silver badge
Pint

Me gusta!

MEAT

Futurama: mankind for ethical animal treatment :-)

Silver badge

Re: MEAT

or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back: Coalition for the Liberation of Itinerant Tree-dwellers.

Preserve wildlife

Pickle an Otter..

Coffee/keyboard

That's right up there with...

Mega-Shark vs Giant Octopus!

Trollface

I'll take the chihuahuas please

My pet rats could do with a light snack.

Coffee/keyboard

We here at People Against Total Horribleness & Extreme TormentIng of Cuddly Critters, or PATHETICC for short are horrified at the viciousness of setting Piranhas on Chihuahua.

Piranhas have none nothing wrong and are a lovely animal, unlike those little rat bastard fake yappies!!!

Won't someone think of the Fish?????

Seriously however... awesome response LH but you owe me a keyboard.

Anonymous Coward

Carry On Cagefighting

Much depends on the size of your anaconda (as the actress said to the bishop).

MJI
Silver badge

Animals

Livestock should be raised in really good conditions and treated well, lots of room, no stress, they then taste better!

Kittens vs dog - hmm cats can do a lot of damage.

FAIL

To be fair..

..you are a bit of bell-end for promoting cock fighting in the previous article.

You basically seem like the Jeremy Clarkson of the IT world. And just to be clear, that really isn't a compliment.

Childcatcher

Re: To be fair..

How snide...

Was he though? Since when did talking about something automatically constitute "promoting" it?

Silver badge

If it wasn't for Lester's article I wouldn't be on my way to Devon to pick up a load of chickens *right this very second* and looking for a small out of the way arena.

Bronze badge
FAIL

"Since when did talking about something automatically constitute "promoting" it?"

Lester told us he actually went to a cockfight and put money on it: that promotes it for sure.

Bronze badge
Thumb Down

@Thomas 4

"If it wasn't for Lester's article I wouldn't be on my way to Devon to pick up a load of chickens *right this very second* and looking for a small out of the way arena."

If you are saying that you are about to hold a cockfight then I hope you get caught and go to jail: there is no excuse for animal cruelty, which is why it is illegal.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.