Intel's ambition to dominate the exascale era of computing is a little closer to realisation, as Chipzilla has written a cheque to acquire Whamcloud, a company which develops and supports the open source Lustre clustered file system. Brent Gorda, president and CEO at Whamcloud, quietly announced the deal late last Friday. The …
Anyone know if Whamcloud will continue the work to integrate ZFS into Lustre?
I dont know, but IBM supercomputer Sequioa is using ZFS + Lustre. And Lawrence Livermore National Laboratyr too. Look up their ZFS + Lustre solutions?
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?