Intel's ambition to dominate the exascale era of computing is a little closer to realisation, as Chipzilla has written a cheque to acquire Whamcloud, a company which develops and supports the open source Lustre clustered file system. Brent Gorda, president and CEO at Whamcloud, quietly announced the deal late last Friday. The …
Anyone know if Whamcloud will continue the work to integrate ZFS into Lustre?
I dont know, but IBM supercomputer Sequioa is using ZFS + Lustre. And Lawrence Livermore National Laboratyr too. Look up their ZFS + Lustre solutions?
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich