Intel's ambition to dominate the exascale era of computing is a little closer to realisation, as Chipzilla has written a cheque to acquire Whamcloud, a company which develops and supports the open source Lustre clustered file system. Brent Gorda, president and CEO at Whamcloud, quietly announced the deal late last Friday. The …
Anyone know if Whamcloud will continue the work to integrate ZFS into Lustre?
I dont know, but IBM supercomputer Sequioa is using ZFS + Lustre. And Lawrence Livermore National Laboratyr too. Look up their ZFS + Lustre solutions?
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory