Global PC sales stagnated in Q2 as distributors and retailers - cautious of rising inventory levels - bought conservatively. Bean counters Gartner estimated that 87.4 million boxes were flogged into the channel and IDC settled on 86.7 million units - both sets of preliminary figures represent a market decline of 0.1 per cent. …
Lenovo and IBM - the Great Motherboard Replacement Scam
There is a really interesting article about Lenovo and their bricking of the laptops, IF the power on / supervisor password gets corrupted or forgotten - and their alledged claims of needing to return the laptop to them to replace the motherboard - at nearly the cost of the whole new laptop.
Even two year old and three year old computers keep up with most of the software available today.
Unless this changes in a radical way why buy top tech just for the sake of top tech?
To paraphrase article: ultrabooks a flop, tablets and phones cannabilzing sales especially in US and Europe, in Asia where sales growing Asians prefer to buy from Asian companies at expense of US companies.
"87.4 million boxes were flogged into the channel"
That's a lot of waterlogged PCs.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER