Oracle is about to gain millions of fans – by buying software that powers Facebook fan pages. On Tuesday the database giant announced it would acquire Involver, a social-media software company, for an undisclosed sum. Involver offers a suite of tools that allow companies to develop marketing campaigns enriched social experiences …
Its a pity....
... Larry doesn't ever try using his own technology products. I suspect he'd walk away a lot quicker from Enterprise Manager 12c than he did from Twitter .
Another company on the scrap pile like Sun :P
Well that's one way to kill Marketing on Facebook Thumbs Up
They'll up the licencing costs by about 1000% plus knacker the support and make the software difficult to use and install with a myriad of bugs and illogical settings.
Slow the Marketeers down and cost them money .
Win for everyone else.
- iPad? More like iFAD: This is why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them