Oracle is about to gain millions of fans – by buying software that powers Facebook fan pages. On Tuesday the database giant announced it would acquire Involver, a social-media software company, for an undisclosed sum. Involver offers a suite of tools that allow companies to develop marketing campaigns enriched social experiences …
Its a pity....
... Larry doesn't ever try using his own technology products. I suspect he'd walk away a lot quicker from Enterprise Manager 12c than he did from Twitter .
Another company on the scrap pile like Sun :P
Well that's one way to kill Marketing on Facebook Thumbs Up
They'll up the licencing costs by about 1000% plus knacker the support and make the software difficult to use and install with a myriad of bugs and illogical settings.
Slow the Marketeers down and cost them money .
Win for everyone else.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars